The year 2019 was our biggest and best year yet! There were many great things achieved, moments that we absolutely love this year, and we couldn’t have done it without YOU, our subscribers.
So join us in celebration, here is our Year In Review:
At Style Theory Apparel,
- Our millionth item was delivered and 1,513 outfits are rented out every day
- Our savviest Unlimited Plan subscribers rented 15 pieces a month and wore $3,000 worth of designer clothing while at it
We made more time for life’s best moment,
- And saved 3,360 minutes of laundry and ironing this year [Ironing was voted as your most hated chore]
The Infinite Wardrobe got even bigger!
- We just added our 40,002nd apparel piece and
- Our warehouse is now as big as 3 basketball courts!
Styles you loved in 2019,
- Everyday Casual was the top occasion rented
- Keepsake was our favourite designer
- Pleats and Puff Sleeves were top hits of the Year
- And the most adventurous time of the year had to be October! That’s when flamboyant styles were most rented!
You really took us places –
- The airport, the hotel, wedding venues and some really cool events
Look ma, we’re famous!
And shared in your biggest moments with us
- 6,790 shares from graduation, engagement, birthdays, hens party, before & after maternity
We also introduced our in-app styling service to help with the many parties you rented for.
Together, we prevented clothing the size of 1 Olympic-sized swimming pool from prematurely going into landfills!
As for our beloved Style Theory Bags,
- Our ten thousandth bag was delivered
- Our savviest subscriber rented 23 designer bags in the year
- And tried out ten different brands!
Our Designer Bag Wardrobe has grown bigger,
- We celebrated our 1st birthday
- On-boarded our 2151st designer bag just yesterday
- And hundreds came from your closets!
The styles you love renting,
- The Gucci GG Marmont was our most desirable bag of the year – undoubtedly 2019’s most wishlisted bag!
- Black was the hottest colour to rent
- The top handle bags became 2019’s most rented it-bag
In striving to provide the best,
- We introduced Style Theory Care and hundreds of you now rent your designer bag worry-free with damages insured
- And launched our consignment program – consignors now make their bags pay for themselves
- Our top consignor earned $3,077 in a month
- The 41 bags she consigned to us now lead fulfilling second lives
- And over $200,000 in payouts have been given out to date
So, it turns out, designer bags are for everyone!
Keep tagging us in your #OOTDs; we love being a part of your journey.
Lastly, in wanting to create more for our Style Theory Community,
- We Launched our first flagship store – check us out at 313@Somerset!
- And raised US$15 million in our Series B funding round
Our Women of Style Theory,
- Hung out at 46 different workshops & events – always learning new things
- And made some lifelong friends after