At Style Theory, we are all about stringent quality control and hygiene, simply because it is a responsibility we pride ourselves in. Our processes include a rigorous amount of checks; from receiving your returned packages to the collection of a new box, our process is focused on ensuring the quality and hygiene of our products to be up to standard.
As subscribers ourselves, we know the importance of transparency so we want to share about our hygiene standards and process:
As an additional precautionary hygiene measure for this period, Style Theory has implemented the following measures:
- All staff are provided thermometers and are required to take their temperatures upon arrival at the warehouse and report their daily temperature readings
- All operation staff are provided with surgical masks and hand sanitisers for use during work and are instructed on proper disposal after use
- All staff are required to be vigilant and observe good personal hygiene, from washing and sanitising their hands frequently to proper disposal of masks and gloves used
- All staff who are not well and have respiratory symptoms are to seek medical attention and take rest
- All travel plans by staff are tracked and monitored, and we quarantine anyone who has been in close contact with any confirmed COVID-19 cases for 14 days.
- At our HQ, we are committed to increasing our hygiene measures and providing ample resources for our logistics fulfilment teams. Our warehouse staff will be fulfilling orders on a new operation schedule of multiple shifts to enforce stronger social distancing and limit the number of people interacting with each other at a time.
Q. How often are the designer bags cleaned?
All our designer bags are handled by a team equipped with professional handling tools and health precautions. They handle the bags with standard-issue masks and gloves to minimise damages, avoid transfer of germs, ensure cleanliness, and eliminate chemical transfers.
All designer bags are processed through a set of procedures to ensure the bags are in good condition and hygiene. Designer bags are cleaned in two stages – before it goes out for delivery and when returned to us. Vacuuming will take place first to ensure the bag is cleaned and free from dirt. A universal cleaning agent will be used next to remove all stains and dirt.
- When an order is made, the team handles the bag with care and logs every bag that leaves the storage facility for security purposes. The bag is then passed to the cleaning processing team.
- The cleaning team first inspects the bag for damages according to the condition card that is tagged to every bag before prepping the bag.
- Bags that pass the condition checked are then sent for vacuuming and cleaning. Using only universal cleaning agents that do not cause damage to the surfaces but is effective in disinfecting the bag. The bags are then passed to the packing team in the warehouse.
- We regularly maintain the cleanliness of our warehouse aisles and storage shelving. This ensures hygiene standards and hazard prevention are met.
- At the packing stage, we ensure professional handling of the bags to be placed in clean dust bags and sterilised boxes.
- We seal all orders that exit our facility. So you can be assured that the cleanliness and condition is maintained from the minute it leaves our warehouse and through the delivery partners.
- When a bag is returned, we first clean it and the packaging that it came in. Next, we inspect for condition damage against our condition standards. We then send it for cleaning with the right solvents for the surface and hardware.
- We will proceed to stored it in a clean dust bag and returned to the air-conditioned storage facility. Where it is maintained at the optimal temperature and humidity levels. This prevents unnecessary mould or mildew from developing.
Q. How do I know if the boxes used are clean?
Our boxes are cleaned after every use with anti-bacterial sprays and disinfectants. After which, all boxes will go through a thorough wipe down prior to packing, to achieve the best cleanliness.
Q. How do we store our designer bags?
The bags are stored in a 24-hour air-conditioned warehouse, with low light settings and a dry environment. They are kept at an optimal humidity level to prevent mildew or cracking of leather bags.
Our designer bags are also kept within a dust bag to prevent accidental scratches or dirt from entering.
Q. How do you ensure the bags maintain their condition?
We inspect our designer bags for its quality of condition before it goes out for delivery and when it is returned to us. After the cleaning process, a balm treatment will be applied to ensure the leather is moisturised. Metal polish is used for designer bags with hardware to keep it shiny.
We ensure that the reapplication of protection cream is done every three months. It helps protect the bag from rain and humidity.
Q. Is renting a bag risky? Does it pose a health hazard?
Renting from Style Theory Bags is safe as we follow a strict standard of protocols and operation procedures that adhere to the government agencies.
With regards to concerns over the Coronavirus, official statements from the Centre of Health Protection of Hong Kong and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) of USA, there is a very low risk of spread from products or packaging that are shipped over a period of days or weeks at ambient temperatures due to the poor survival of the virus on surfaces.
So worry not about the bags and packaging you will receive. We always maintain the level of hygiene and cleanliness we ourselves would want to receive them in.
Rent worry-free from our collection of over 1,700 designer bag styles at only HK$899/month here.